Bright Shiny ObjectsFrom Executive Producer Tim Gibbons, TV Career Coach & Script Consultant
Need help with your television career, your writing, your script, your TV pitch? I can help you with anything to do
with your TV career or TV content—whether it’s a pilot, series, limited series, TV movie or streaming series.
I’m Tim Gibbons, Executive Producer, Showrunner, Director, Writer for many TV shows… I’ve worn a lot of hats in the business! I’m also a TV career coach & script consultant, and I can help you find your path in TV. I’ve worked in every area of TV creation, from development to production to delivery, including projects for Broadcast (the major networks; ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC), Premium Cable (HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc.), Basic Cable (VH1, MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Pop, IFC, etc.), and the Streaming/Digital services (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.).
With all my experience, I felt like I should give back to the industry, or at least pay it forward to the next generation, with my gained knowledge and skills. I started mentoring friends and colleagues many years ago and ended up being referred to many others for help. And more recently, I decided to help those whom I don’t know (yet!) and offer my TV career coaching and script and writing consultation to the general public. And that’s how I’m here…
I now offer: Personal TV Career Coaching, Writing Consulting (including screenplays, scripts, pitching documents, outlines, bibles, leave behinds, etc.) and “corporate” consulting (for networks, production companies, studios, etc.).
Everything you need to get you or your TV project or career in shape and to the next level can happen with my help. My consulting services are designed to help you:
- Take your TV career to the next level
- Take your career from Below-The-Line to Above-The-Line
- Move your career from reality/non-fiction into scripted programming (or vice-versa)
- Break into the TV business
- Take your project from “I have an idea” to pitch to pilot to series
- Create a treatment or outline for a TV series
- Create the perfect pitch
- Write a TV script from your outline
- Rewrite your TV pilot or “spec” script
- Polish your TV script
- Proofread and properly format your script
- Budget and schedule your project
- Gain general and/or specific knowledge of how the TV business actually work
Why Choose My Services
- There are many script consultants available to you, but I’m a full range TV career consultant, who can offer more than script consultation alone.
- I specialize in TV. I have been working in television for over 40 years. If you need help with your feature script, there are plenty of consultants out there—but I’m not one of them.
- Unlike most of the script-only consultants, I actively work in the business—and have been working for decades—on TV shows you’ve heard of (and probably seen). Most consultants only consult, and do not actively work in the business. I am currently working in the television, know what’s going on in it and have my hand on the pulse of it.
Some Examples of What I Can Help You With
- You are a line producer trying to move into creative producing
- You work in reality TV but really, really want to get into scripted TV—or vice versa
- You work in some area of the TV business but really want to be in another, such as you are in production but really want to be in development at a network
- You have been pigeonholed in your current area of expertise but need to break out into another area or genre
- You are not in the business at all but:
- Have an idea for a show. I can help you get that idea into a shape that is sellable
- Really want to get into production, post-production or development
- You have no contacts in the business and don’t know where to start
- Do you want straight advice about your project: Is it sellable? Do you have a realistic chance of selling it?
- You want straight advice about getting into the business. How do you proceed?
- You need good, solid advice about how to move over to your dream job
Four Personal Tracks to Choose From (“I need help with…”)
- Moving Up to Your Dream Job
- Moving Over to a New Career
- Moving From Below-the-line to Above-the-line
- Breaking Into the Business
- Writing and Script
- Moving From Idea to Logline to Treatment to Outline to Script
- Analysis of Your Script
- Rewriting Your Script
- How to Interpret Notes You’ve Received From the Network
- Proofreading and Formatting Your Script
- Writing the Pitch Prep Doc
- Dealing with “Leave Behinds”
- Create the Pitch
- Pitch Elements/Deck/Props
- TV Industry
- Budgets & Schedules
- Set Up Your Production Company
- Who’s Your First Hire?
- Rights: Life Rights/I.P. Acquisition/Options
- Partnering Up
- “I sold a show, now what?”
What I Cannot Do For You: Please see the listing for this on this page.
The Bottom Line: There are a lot of choices here, and what you need help with, or how you approach it, can be overwhelming. Have no fear! Please contact me to discuss what it is you need, and together we’ll figure out how I can help you. Even if you don’t end up needing my services, sometimes just talking about your goals can be very helpful. For my services, there is a path and price for everyone, so don’t let the thought that you can’t afford this—or don’t know how to move forward—stop you!
I have been creating, pitching, selling, and writing, directing and producing shows for decades, and have sold to Broadcast (Networks), Premium Cable (HBO, Showtime, etc.), Basic Cable (VH1, MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Pop, IFC, etc.) and Streaming Networks (Netflix, Quibi, etc.).
I also have many shows available for viewing in a variety of spaces (Curb Your Enthusiasm; Betty White’s Off Their Rockers, Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, Kevin Hart’s Real Husbands of Hollywood, and Joey McIntyre’s Return of the Mac, etc.)
(You can read more about me on the “About” page, as well.)
I know I can help you get to the next level in your career — whether it’s writing that first script or moving into that dream job.
Please let me know how I can help you get there!