Frequently Asked QuestionsAnswers to Your FAQ's
What I Cannot Do For You
There are some things I cannot help you with. These include:
- Get you an agent or manager.
- Partner up with you on a project or show.
- Help you find an attorney.
- Help you find or attach talent.
- Help you sell your project or script.
- Write your treatment, outline or script for you.
- Get you meetings with agencies, networks, studios, production companies, actors, etc.
- Give you great advice for features—as I don’t have that firsthand knowledge.
- Give you legal advice. I am not an attorney.
- Guarantee that you will sell your show; many projects just do not sell but working with me will give you your best shot at it.
- Guarantee that your career will get started or be advanced. I will make every effort to help you but there are so many factors involved in breaking into or advancing in this business that I have no control over, that it would not be prudent or realistic for me to guarantee anything other than my time to you. This process will begin and end with you. I will attempt to help you with advice and consultation.
How do I purchase one of your consultation packages?
What happens after I’ve paid for a consultation?
Are my ideas and scripts safe?
Do I need to sign a release?
What format should my material come to you in?
Do I need to register my project with the WGA?
I’ve signed and sent in the submission release. How do I now send you my file(s)?
It’s safer than email and I’m notified when the file arrives.
Will you be sharing my project with anyone?
Are your services confidential?
Can I pay over time, instead of all at once?
I live in Los Angeles, can we meet instead of doing a phone, FaceTime or Skype?
How can you produce TV shows yet still have time to consult?
How long does it take to receive notes back from you?
Can I hire you on a long-term basis?
Can I send in hard copies of the script/treatment/etc.?
What if the page count on my document is longer that the maximum given on some of your listings?
What are the “Additional Hours” I see on some pages all about?
There are a lot of script reading and analysis services out there. Why go with you?
Advice From an Established TV Producer — Being a producer is different than a fellow writer. You eventually need to please the producers that may hire you.
Honest Comments — I will not sugar-coat anything, ever, and promise to give it to you straight.
Your prices are higher than some of the other career coaching and script consulting services. Why?
Is my payment secure?
What is your Refund Policy?
Dissatisfaction with Services — No one likes to get it wrong. I am not in the business of not helping people. If you do not leave satisfied when you’re done with your consultation or other services, then I have failed you. Please let me know what your issues are and I will work with you to resolve them. If, after trying this, you still feel dissatisfied then a refund will be considered, pro-rated, depending on how much time we have spent, and I have spent, in prepping or working with you. I have never had an issue with anyone I’ve consulted for, mentored or worked with on bettering their career, and I intend to never have that issue.
Unable to Continue — If you become unable to complete your consultation and have purchased a package, then a pro-rated refund may be available to you. Again — I like to leave people with a positive experience, so I will take these matters very seriously.
What is your address and contact info?
Address & Contact Info:
Bright Shiny Objects
c/o Invasion TV, Inc. / Del, Shaw, Moonves, Tanaka, Finkelstein & Lezcano
2029 Century Park East, Suite 1750
Los Angeles CA 90067
Phone: (310) 979-7990